[mythtv-users] VLC stuck at first frame (creating fanart in Mythtv)

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:13:49 UTC 2011

Posted this on the VLC list but since I'm firing up VLC to create
fanart for MythTV, figure it's sorta relevant here to. (and unless I'm
missing something Myth doesn't have a "press a key save a snapshot"
command, right?):

"I've been using VLC under Ubuntu to grab snapshots from Mythtv
recordings that don't have any fan art. It's been working great,
however there are several recording that play fantastic under MythTV
but when I go to load the mpeg2 file with VLC, it just loads the first
frame and goes no further.

What would be causing this and what can I do to get past it?"