[mythtv-users] .24: Proper auto transcode settings for HDHomerun - audio slow/video choppy

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:10:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Sean Mahrt <sean at littleappleservice.com> wrote:
> Did you find a thread that fixed it?  Also, what did you do with the vide that
> was mis-transcoded?  I've got a few, short of playing it with VLC...

No, just some stuff about mythtranscode not properly handling 5.1
sound, some people saying the code was old and they never used it, and
others discussing using other programs to shrink the files.

Luckily it was just one news broadcast, so I deleted and turned off transcoding.

Still I'd love to find out what people are doing to shrink their Mpeg
2 files down. I've got 1.5 TB of free space so I can wait, but I'd
love to hear how the list is handling MPEG2 with 5.1 sound. Will make
saving some newer series much easier. :-)

Of course with TB drives less than $90 maybe some people are just
expanding rather than transcoding.