[mythtv-users] W.O.W. commits to unencrypted QAM digital basic

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Apr 7 18:57:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> Uhm, since its only SD isn't an HDHomerun (~$200) overkill?  I use an
> HVR-950Q (~$75) to capture SD clearqam just fine.

As others have pointed out, they are both approximately cost
equivalent on a per-tuner basis.

That aside, your statement "since its only SD isn't an HDHomerun
overkill" is kind of meaningless. Since digital is digital (no matter
whether SD or HD) there's no point in getting a better device for any
particular quality of broadcast. You choose which one to buy merely
based off of its price, features, and functionality. For instance, one
may have a better tuner than the other, which may affect your decision
if you have a poor signal to deal with or something, but that has
nothing to with SD vs HD.

--
Ron