[mythtv-users] Failed to initialize A/V Sync

Josh Norell josh at kci.net
Thu Apr 7 18:13:52 UTC 2011

On 04/07/2011 10:56 AM, Mark Lord wrote:

> The failures seem to have some kind of timing dependency or trigger.
> My main box uses a PVR-250 for OTA analog stuff, and if I change channels
> too quickly, the frontend locks up.
>
> "Too quickly" here means more than one channel change within
> about a 5-7 second interval.
>
> This system does use an external channel change script,
> calling out to ivtv-tune to actually set the new channel
> after first rearranging the antenna array.
>
> I find that adding small amounts of "sleep" after the ivtv-tune
> seems to help things (not perfect but much better), but anything
> larger than about 1 second kills it all again.
>
> Just under 5 months to go before the death of analog OTA here now.  :)

I too find that if I wait a number of seconds before I change the
channel again, it seems more reliable.

Unfortunately I'm using the freebox/iptv tuner, so there's no external
command to add a sleep into. I wonder if it would be more reliable the
frontend waited a second longer before trying to play the ring buffer. I
would add a sleep in there, but I'm not too sure about how to do that.