[mythtv-users] 0.24 mythpreviewgen issues - first frame always

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:47:31 UTC 2011

> I'd like to keep in the Watch Recordings view as these files are ones that
> haven't been watched (and easier to navigate to than MythVideo).  I did just
> accept this issue as it's not a major issue and I'm doing things slightly
> differently from how we are suppose to use "Watch Recordings", but if there
> is a workaround/suggested parameters I'd be interested to know.

If you manually add AVI/XVID files to entries in Watch Recordings it
always creates a blank image - they seem to always play fine however.
(Sorry I do not see why Watch Recordings and MythVideo are separate -
I want all my recordings together whatever source they have come from
be it Freeview, Home Video or converted from YouTube.)

I generate my own previews but as soon as you play the file from Watch
Recordings you loose the preview image and myth generates its own - a
blank one guessing as it is not able to read any seek file for an
AVI/XVID.

I have tried rebuilding an index but that (unsurprisingly) does not
work as it is not a MPG file.

Does Myth need to be able to read the built in seek tables in the
AVI/H294/MKV etc files and use that when generating a preview image?

TIA