[mythtv-users] UK: managing Freeview and Freesat

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Apr 6 15:26:57 UTC 2011

On 06/04/11 14:42, Nick Morrott wrote:

> Below is what I posted to the xmltv-dev list in March - the lack of a
> functioning bathroom at present has temporarily stopped my work on
> this in the past few weeks, but I will pick it up again in the next
> week. My current work would seem to do almost everything everyone in
> the thread is after on a per-platform and per-postcode basis. It is
> yet to renumber one platform lineups to that of another (to allow easy
> mixing of multiple platforms on a single system), and leans toward
> aiding XMLTV configurations (it is part of the XMLTV lineups work),
> but it also allows matching of digital services by way of service ID.
>
> The overall idea for the lineups work is to allow configuration of
> XMLTV grabbers directly in MythTV via a series of simple
> question/answers to determine location, TV services and packages
> subscribed to.

(snip interesting script example)

Nick, I hope you'll include code which covers circumstances such as mine when
you finish up these scripts. For a single postcode, DVB-T viewers in this area
(RG14) can receive from three different transmitters - in three different TV
regions - depending on which way the topography allows them to position their
aerials. I'm sure this isn't the only one in the UK.

When using the current xmltv scripts I have to check the result afterwards to
ensure the lineup it has given me corresponds with what I can actually receive.
(The display everything option is very helpful here!)

Nevertheless, keep up the good work!

--

Mike Perkins