[mythtv-users] Anybody using analog "soft encoder" tuners under 0.24 ?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Apr 5 21:04:48 UTC 2011

On 11-04-05 05:01 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
>>  I am trying this with an HVR-950Q in a pure OTA/NTSC setup.
>
> The 950q requires you to set the xc5000 modprobe option to disable
> power management.  Otherwise the frontend will timeout during firmware
> upload.

Yeah, I got that.  I'm the guy that originally figured that out years ago. :)
It successfully tunes the first channel on entry to LiveTV,
and plays it just fine.  But hitting channel up/down retunes it
and the frontend never successfully plays the newly tuned channel.

After it dies, I can go back in, reenter LiveTV, and it then plays fine
again, this time on the channel it crashed on earlier.

And so on.

Cheers