[mythtv-users] Watch TV 0.24: frontend hang with "waiting 10 ms for decoder lock"

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:53:34 UTC 2011

On 5 April 2011 03:53, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> While watching live TV, I had the frontend hang with "waiting 10 ms
> for decoder lock". Backend still seemed to be working fine. Running
> .24

I'm guessing from the log output that you're running a pretty recent
0.24-fixes build. I had hoped that I'd fixed the last remaining
decoder deadlocks in the frontend but managed to trigger one the other
day in live tv. Unfortunately it's proving hard to trigger again and
hence tricky to fix.

regards

Mark

(and if you're running a debug build, it would be helpful if you could
attach gdb to the deadlocked frontend and grab a full backtrace)