[mythtv-users] Watch TV 0.24: frontend hang with "waiting 10 ms for decoder lock"

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:53:41 UTC 2011

While watching live TV, I had the frontend hang with "waiting 10 ms
for decoder lock". Backend still seemed to be working fine. Running
.24

Two questions:

1) what do I need to look for/worry about with that error?

2) I'm used to running a web server remotely and this is my first
experience with Ubuntu in the same room. :-) How do I exit the hung
frontend (sounds rude) gracefully and get back to the desktop without
hitting the ol' reset button?

Thanks.