[mythtv-users] "Watch Recordings" slow - disable thumbnail/preview generation, or big SQL queries?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Apr 4 18:10:59 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011 12:42 PM, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> System specs: Fedora 13 on an Asus K8V with an AMD64 3000+ and a Sparkle
> GeForce 9400 GT PCI card, with OpenGL painter and VDPAU output, using
> DVI->HDMI to a FullHD LCD TV and the SP/DIF of the mainboard directly to the
> amplifier.

Just as a test, could you drop your display resolution to 640x480, or
try with an AGP video card?  Considering your system has an old Socket
754 board, chances are all of your peripherals, including disk
controller, are slaved off the PCI bus.  With a video card running at
that resolution on the same bus, my guess is that you've saturated it,
preventing MySQL from accessing the database on disk.