[mythtv-users] HDPVR, lirc-zilog and me

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Mon Apr 4 01:24:26 UTC 2011

Derek Stark wrote:

> Thanks, Greg. I am going through this very process today. When you
> installed lirc, what kernel drivers did you install (or didn't you)?

I posted my kernel config in the other thread - for lirc, my only use
flags were X and transmitter.  I have LIRC_DEVICES="hauppauge" in my
make.config, but I don't think that's necessary.  It's super important
to realize that the hdpvr's blaster is not a normal lirc blaster that
can just blast any old IR.  It has a code table, and needs a special
lircd.conf.  See steps 8, 11 and 12 from
http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24

Greg