[mythtv-users] HD-PVR & 2.6.38 (Gentoo masochism)

Derek Stark lemongecko at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 17:56:27 UTC 2011

Hey guys:

I'm trying to get my HD-PVR working with 0.24_p20110329 (I tried 0318, but
had random lockups with my HDHR's). I'm also running the gentoo 2.6.38-r1
kernel sources. Just to make more things interesting, I also have an MCEUSB
on this box (but due to install locations I can't use that blaster on my
cable box).

I'm just wondering, as of 2.6.38, what cocktail I need to get the HD-PVR
running--specifically the IR transmitter. The in-kernel drivers for the
HD-PVR seem to load and see the device (I have /dev/videoX, etc) but the
Myth wiki is really vague on whether I need the linuxtv.org driver set, what
needs to be patched, ad nauseum.

Any tips would be great. If I can get this figured out, I'll try and clean
up the wiki.

Thanks!
D.