[mythtv-users] mythbackend service not reliably closing via script

tim draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 14:42:56 UTC 2011

after a bit more testing the issue seems quite specific to the root user and
the mythtv service command.

i'm able to run the scripts fine when logged in via SSH (initial pm-suspend
like mythtv-backend does), but it does actually shutdown.
if i leave mythtv-backend to it's own devices, then it will freeze when
executing the 'sudo service mythtv-backend stop' from either a sleep.d
script, or a script called from sleep.d.

can anyone shed any light on this, i'm really stuck!
thanks
Tim