[mythtv-users] everyday i have to make sure myth worked the day before

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Apr 3 13:32:52 UTC 2011

On 11-04-03 08:58 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> First, make sure you all are using current 0.24-fixes.  There have been
> some fixes for networking/socket issues.

Cool.  I will make sure my backend is up-to-date.

This raises a somewhat related question... is there a way to monitor
(i.e. be e-mailed preferably... manually polling webpages always breaks
down in the face of contention for my time) about commits to the current
-fixes (0.24 at this time) branch?  I surely don't want to be notified
of all commits to all branches, just the current "stable" branch.

That way I can see when things go in that would benefit me to update my
local installations.

> Also note that it seems that the above problem only happens with
> specific configurations (either differences in hardware (such as chipset
> and/or network devices) or kernel, library, ... version).

I will not argue that.

> I've never
> seen the problem on any of my systems, with any of my distro versions,
> so without a sufficiently specific bug report, I can't debug it, let
> alone fix it.

Absolutely understood, which is why I am happy to provide whatever info
I can.  So far I have provided a backend log and threaded stacktrace (in
ticket 9704) of the backend whilst in the situation.  I am happy to
provide whatever else might be needed.

Cheers,
b.