[mythtv-users] Great experience with MythTV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 3 12:35:00 UTC 2011

On 03/29/2011 09:26 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-03-29 08:18 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> Note that is generally preferred to remove all tuners, and add them all
>> back, if reorganizing stuff.  The order you define capture cards is the
>> order the scheduler will use them, and that should be the method of
>> controlling tuner selection rather than setting tuner priorities.
> Really?  That sounds like its asking for trouble,
> as I'm 100% positive that someday somebody will alter
> something such that the "order of definition" no longer
> equals "priority".
>
> I very much prefer to set the priorities myself regardless
> of what order tuners get defined in, just for the positive
> assurance that specific tuners will be preferred when recording.
>
> For LiveTV, things may be different.  Dunno.

Note that when you specify input priority, you're not specifying which
card to use in which order.  Instead, you're specifying which shows to
record.

There's only one priority in MythTV, and when people change input and
channel priorities, they're not doing what the user expects.

Before changing any input or channel priority--or, if you've already
done so--everyone should read (and understand) all of section 12 of the
HOWTO.  http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html

Mike