[mythtv-users] Memory leak while watching MPEG-2 recording?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 17:59:19 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 11:41, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> What video card/driver version are you using for playback?

I have an nVidia GeForce4 440MX (yep, an old one). It's using the
legacy driver, of course. I am using version .... er.... 96.43.14, I
think (what's a good way to check? I installed it from the "run" file
from the nVidia site, on Slackware 13.0)

I haven't upgraded the driver since I installed the system, in November 2009.

> There was a known memory leak with recent releases of the official
> nvidia binary driver when using OpenGL or VDPAU, which was fixed in
> the 256.53 driver release.

Although I don't think it's my problem, I'm also not using the OpenGL
rendering, and the card doesn't support VDPAU. Unless I'm very much
mistaken, I'm using Xv.

As I recall the few times I've tried to use OpenGL either the
performance has been too slow or X crashes.

Thanks,
aaron