[mythtv-users] Multiple frontends on the same machine

Bryan Lovquist blovquist at clarity.com
Sat Apr 2 06:26:48 UTC 2011

"And since he understands enough that he needs multiple graphics cards I
would bet money that he understands he needs multiple audio devices"

You might be giving me to much credit there.

Somehow I had come to believe that if I was using HD Digital TV (DVB-T) tuners (and I will be)
then there would be no need for a audio device. The audio is included in the compressed
video stream from the tuner and would be included in the HDMI signal from the graphics
card.

Is my understanding incorrect?

Thanks
Bryan Lovquist