[mythtv-users] HDHR dead?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sat Apr 2 02:32:19 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Joel Newcomb <joelnewcomb at verizon.net> wrote:
>> Eric, you might have a look here:
>> http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/480/Power-Supplies/1.html
>> I have been buying for years from AllElectronics,
>
> Thanks Joel.  I just placed an order with them for a 5V 4A unit for
> $9.50 + $7 S/H.  I hope the extra amperage should give me the headroom
> necessary for what is obviously a very power sensitive device.

It arrived today, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have helped.
The HDHR acts the same with both power supply units: the power LED
comes on, all other LEDs stay off, the LED link light on the network
switch comes on, but no DHCP request is made.  I'm afraid it really is
dead.  I've tried replacing both the switch and the network cable, but
that made no difference either.

Eric