[mythtv-users] LiveTV: stutter at program start/change resolved by short pause..?

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Wed Sep 29 11:36:59 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, 29. September 2010 schrieb Jan Schneider:
[..]
> I'm seeing this too, especially with high bandwidth channels, for
> example HD content. Defragmenting the XFS storage improved the
> situation a bit, but not completely, and it gets worse again after a
> while.
> I don't see this behaviour always, but regularly. Another symptom of
> what I guess has the same cause, is some loss of stream content
> during the program change. The video/audio almost freezes for 1-2
> seconds, dropping a frame or two during this pausing, and then
> either continues normally, or with the symptoms you describe.
> Programs that are being recorded in the background during that
> freeze/frame loss usually lose a few frames too.

same problem here too. And it occurs on nearly each program change. The
backend has a problem to switch fast enough to the next file, therefore
the frontend gets stuck. Sometimes it lasts too long and the frontend
jumps to main menu with a video-buffering error.
On H264 content often the first frames are broken (perhaps new file
don't start at a keyframe?).

msc