[mythtv-users] Poor audio quality on DVD playback

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Tue Sep 28 23:23:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this is a mythvideo issue but when playing a DVD or even some video
> files that use ac3 audio for some reason the music and background sounds are
> nice and loud but all the vocals are so quite I can't hear them.  I know it
> is not the DVD or the video files because this does not happen with any
> other video player.

Sounds like it's trying to play back the left and right channels from
5.1 surround, without mixing the centre channel back in.

Many DVD's also include a normal stereo audio track, perhaps you could
try using that?

(There's probably also a myth audio setup related solution, but I
don't know anything about how Myth handles surround sound)

- Chris