[mythtv-users] Converting 0.21 to 0.23

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 13:01:19 UTC 2010

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:39 PM, mat <mat at lessermatters.co.uk> wrote:
>> Is this possible. I recently udgraded and something went crazy, so I
>> concentrated on getting the backend and a frontend working.
>>
>> I still have the backup of the 0.21 DB but 0.23 complains when trying to
>> update it.
>>
>> I also exported my recordings - I would be happy if I could just keep
>> those, is this possible?
>
> Upgrading should be possible. Clarify "complains".

Well, I don't have the error right in front of me at the moment but it
seems that it was something along the lines of "The schema of the DB your
trying to update is newer than I expect".

Something went weird with my system several months ago and I annoyed
everyone back then, I think this is related to that.

I'm guessing the root of the problem is that current versions of MythTV
only update the DB's of directly previoius versions? So If I present 0.23
with a 0.21 database it will refuse to udpate as it is expecting a 0.22
databse?