[mythtv-users] backend crashing

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 15:22:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 10:49 -0700, freedenizen wrote:
> So, I've been having a problem with my backend crashing a lot...
>
> Anyone have any idea where to look?

Looks like something I've had in the past.  My solution was to
do a make distclean in each of the mythtv, myththtmes and
mythplugins directories.

And (this was the important part) from mythtv-trunk, run
a find . -type f -name "*.o" to see if there were any
object files that didn't get deleted. Repeat for *.0,
*.so, moc* and *.moc.

Find anything?  Delete and try building again.

I recently found over 650 files.  Perhaps from doing
an svn update /before/ a recommended make clean.

Good luck,

Bill Meek