[mythtv-users] Duplicate Channel Numbers

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 01:56:24 UTC 2010

On 09/18/2010 05:08 PM, bhaskins wrote:
> None of these are capable of inserting a subchannel right?
> As:
>  107.1
>  107.2
>  107.3
> If they are, please explain how to do it.

None of them will even show you the sub channel.

But I don't think explicitly specifying the frequency ID and sub channel is what you want anyway. I let the channel scan find
the frequency IDs and sub channels, then edit the channel number so I can tune the channel using a printed TV schedule (like TV
Guide).

In order to do this, I must dump the database to get the mapping between existing channel number and frequency ID / sub channel.
Use scte65scan to get the cable companies idea of the mapping between call sign and frequency ID/ sub channel, and  their
virtual channel, but the results of this are ambiguous and incomplete, so I still need to sit on a few channels to try and
figure out what they are.
Takes a long time to get it right.