[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 22:09:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 3:34 PM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
> I'm at the point where I've spent too much time trying to get the driver installed and working.
> Should I re-install myth with the card in it or will that bring me to the same place?

I cannot remember the exact mix and match that used to be around with
the first round of nvidia drivers that supported vdpau, but I believe
they packaged their own libvdpau for quite a few releases.

run a strace or ldd against mythbackend and see what library and where
it is looking.  Once you know that, you can always just symlink it
there.  If that older driver included the nvidia packaged libvdpau,
you may need to fix that issue prior.

I cannot remember specifics, but on JYS's mythbuntu repo, there used
to be good instructions on how to accomplish it that can be applied to
fedora as well..

-Greg