[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 07:43:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln at mnsi.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 12:58 +0100, Damian wrote:
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > I don't know how you're getting on with your card, but I gave up on it
> > in the end. I had an fx5200 working fine in Ubuntu a couple of years ago
> > and an Ubuntu update broke it. I spent a couple of months trying to sort
> > it out, as did many other fx5200 users on the Ubuntu forums. A few
> > succeeded, most remained frustrated as the success story methods didn't
> > work for any of us.
> >
> > In the end, I gave up and got a 7200 card. I've never looked back of had
> > to reconfigure this card since.
> >
> > Hope you have more luck, but if it's going no where fast it may be
> > cheaper (in terms of your man hours) to just buy a newer card.
>
>   This sounds like the card requires a legacy driver compiled.

"Sounds like" ?? sounds like you are guessing. But there is no need to guess
when you can read the documentation, which I have already pointed to very
explicitly in this thread. At least for the version I have (195.36.24 ==
nvidia-current on mythbuntu 10.04) the 5200 is NOT supported. That's not a
guess, it is in the readme file. The 5200 requires the 173.14 driver.