[mythtv-users] slow tunning when shifting channels

malcolm malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 20:24:20 UTC 2010

On 14/09/10 11:15, Per Jørgensen wrote:

>> I only fixed it with FE rebuild. I concluded I broke something but
>> couldn't figure out what it was.
>>
> Thanks for the reply.
> Allthough I have a problem thinking its that.
> It a problem on all external 5FE and allso on the one runs along with
> the BE services.
> But really having a hard time thinking about this problem and allso
> how it reacts like this!  But allso - hmm there pretty many machines
> and things to setup again from scratch!

If its affecting several FE machine then its unlikely to be some problem
you've caused yourself.
It much more likely to be some complex interaction of the FE / BE and
the network, but I was unable to determine what it was.

I suggest you rebuild one FE as a test and see if it fixes the problem
and decide where to go from there.