[mythtv-users] Scheduling and NFL games

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:17:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM, TJ Harris <tjharris at weaselworkz.com>wrote:

> Now that we're back in the NFL season, I remember why I have four
> tuners.   Unfortunately, due to some existing recording schedules
> (Golf & US Open Tennis) and the "End Late" 60 minutes to avoid missing
> game endings and overtime,  my four tuners were not enough and I
> missed the one game I was most interested in.
>
> So, I'm wondering what solutions others have come up with to handle
> this.   What I'm looking for is:
>
> Record ANY "NFL Football" on any channel at any time, End 60 minutes
> late - unless there is another NFL Football recording immediately
> after the first (i.e. don't record the same channel simultaneously).

I've used the "Add extra time to this category" feature of Myth with some
success to add 60 minutes to the end of "Sporting Events".  Of course, this
requires that the guide data classifies it as such.  None of the options
you'll get will be definitive to do automatic scheduling and get everything
right 100% of the time.   Worst case is once a week you go and add overrides
for a couple games to end normally so you don't overlap.

Kevin