[mythtv-users] Still no sound in MythTV with WinTV-HVR 950Q

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 00:57:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Any kind video that I know to have audio will work correct?  If that is
>> the case then ill be able to test later tonight
>>
> Yes.  Something like MPEG-2 (SD or HD) would probably be most likely to not
> cause trouble but other AVI based (DivX, Xvid) should also work
>
> Kevin

Ok so I have run mythavtest on a couple of files both were in AVI containers
and had sound in both files, the only issue that I had was in one of the
videos the music and sound effects were nice and loud but the vocals where
to quite to hear which is strange because this behavior does not happen when
playing the same file under any other media player (such as VLC, Mplayer,
Dragon Player).  I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my sound
setup, I have a 5.1 speaker system connected to my mythtv box.