[mythtv-users] Advice on small FE, please

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 13:00:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:01 AM, George Poulson <george.poulson at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 02:43:53 pm Tyler T wrote:
>
> >* > Or would it be better to build a mini-itx (or slightly bigger)system
> with *
> **>* > better video improved cooling etc. *
> **>* *
> **>* If you do go this route, choose your case carefully. I still have
> heat *
> **>* issues with my mini-ITX case, requiring two small fans that aren't *
> **>* nearly as quiet as I would like.*
> *
> *
> I'm building a new front-end into an old Grundig 'Sky' set-top-box case
> using
> a ZOTAC ITX motherboard. It's still realtively early days but I'm hopeful
> that the
> cooling will be OK.
>
> I've started to post some details here:
>
> http://mythtv1.wordpress.com/

Curious, are these  Zotac board that much better than the ION in the Acer
Revo 1600?  And can you build it for less than $200?  Just curious, cause
been debating replacing the AppleTV in the bedroom (although the new ripping
16 RF with handbrake is playable on the AppleTV whereas mp4's made with nero
aren't, so I still might not replace now).  And picking up a second Revo
seemed the best/cheapest option, but if the Zotac is better/cheaper would
build my own.

> George

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell