[mythtv-users] MythVideo and .24

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 18:16:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 11:13 AM, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:46 AM, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> > Trying to setup jamu.py now, pita imo but w/e.  I may have mistaken an i
>> > for
>> > a t, but I know the directory  that mythtv was looking for for the py
>> > script
>> > did not exist in .24 but did in .23.
>>
>> jamu is an external script having nothing to do with core myth.  It is
>> optional, and has not moved since we first added it to Myth.
>> MythVideo will handle Metadata on its own, without Jamu, just fine.
>> In trunk/the future .24, MythVideo will also do all metadata lookups
>> automatically after a scan.
>>
>> In short, you don't need Jamu, MythVideo handles metadata just fine
>> without it, and actually does a number of things better.  Jamu is
>> there to add one or two niceties that are still not in code, but
>> largely it is unnecessary.
>
> OK. sorry I did mistype an i for a t.  Both of those files you originally
> listed do not exist on my system anywhere that I can find.  Now it could be
> an autobuilds issue, however, i go to:
>  http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/  and can't
> find the scripts there either.  So 1, if someone coudl send me those 2 .py
> scripts, I greatly appreciate it.  2. Is it intended that the svn doesn't
> have those 2 scripts? or is it in a diff directory?

Those scripts are not a part of MythVideo.  They're a part of core myth.

Again, *all* you need to have Metadata properly working with mythvideo
is a) the myth python bindings installed, and b) all of myth
installed.  If your package management has not caught up to where
things live in trunk, this may not be the best time for you to run
development code.

Robert