[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Sep 2 14:41:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 10:16:06AM -0400, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> At 8:36 AM -0500 9/2/10, jedi wrote:
> >On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 09:04:10PM -0400, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> >
> > > I know it's shocking, Brian, but Apple was not thinking of you when they created this.  In Job's presentation, he lists a series of factors that they feel are important to potential customers.  (You weren't mentioned, sorry.)  They are:
> >
> >    Of course Jobs doesn't have people with their own stuff in mind. He
> >wants everyone to buy all of their stuff from him. This device of his is
> >built with that in mind.
> >
> >    You don't have to be a "geek" to have legacy content.
>
> Did it come as an epiphany to you that Apple is a profit-seeking corporation?

    I just never bought into the whole "greed is good" mindset.

    There was a time when Apple didn't seem to be consumed by it either.

[deletia]

> Of course you are a geek if you have "legacy content".

    No you aren't.

    Even something as simple as some home videos can be legacy content.

    Apple's approach to content is infact user hostile when it comes to
basic simple things that an end user might have lying around. You don't
have to be a "geek" to have some video files that you might have created
or saved or gotten from someone else.

    They're just files.