[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 08:42:01 UTC 2010

> If you want to use mythweb, which is my primary (actually, only) way
> of setting recordings, it needs to be on all the time.  I can't tell
> you how many times I have been someplace, heard of a show, and set
> mythweb to record it.  If I didn't do it at that moment, I would
> probably forget all about it.

I already have one computer (an NSLU2 Slug) on 24/7 and didn't want my
combined BE/FE to be another one, so I set it to shutdown and wakeup
as David Rees suggested.

If I need remote access to mythweb I SSH into the Slug and turn on my
mythbox using Wake-On-LAN.

Not sure if you could use WOL without some sort of  'always on'
computer at home?