[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 2 00:41:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> stereo downstairs too. Sure, I could get a squeeze player or
>> something. But its nowhere near as tightly integrated as iTunes, and
>> iPhone and an AppleTV. So I guess for me, its more just an
>> AppleMusicOutputDevice than an AppleTV, with the added bonus that it
>> can also do other things, if I want.
>
> Jarod, can I suggest trying the softsqueeze player and adding that to
> your front ends and a having the squeezeserver on your backend.

One major problem with that approach: requires leaving the myth box on
all the time, which I've stopped doing. Why have such a power-hungry
system on 24/7 if it doesn't need to be? The power supply even on the
ASRock ION330 HT box I've got is 65W. The new AppleTV draws 6W. Heck,
I might get two of them, and replace the older one I already have,
just for the power savings. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com