[mythtv-users] 0.23-fixes, mythshutdown --status returncode 254

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 23:35:04 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 08:39 +0100, cvb at kruemel.org wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:51:59 -0400, "Michael T. Dean"
> > HOME must be set to a value that includes a valid $HOME/.mythtv
> > configuration directory with a valid config.xml file.
>
>  As mentioned above: If I start the script manually - via sudo or as
>  root - it works. /root contains .mythtv, and in /root/.mythtv there is a
>  valid config.xml.

I just removed ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt and tried mythshutdown and it
failed.

  mythshutdown: Could not initialize MythContext. Exiting.

Is there a valid mysql.txt in /root/.mythtv? If you're becoming
root by sudo -s, then you're still using your own $HOME, not
roots.  That would explain why cron fails and not the other
cases.

Bill Meek