[mythtv-users] Pulseaudio max's out CPU usage

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sat Oct 30 01:54:46 UTC 2010

I'll be watching a recording and notice a little jumpy video.  That's
when I know pulseaudio has taken over one of the cores.  top shows it
using 99.9% of the cpu.  I kill it and the video smooths out again.  It
seems to happen once per mythtv session, but not always.  I'm guessing
it's when some other sound tries to happen while myth has the sound
system tied up.

I'm using SPDIF passthrough on Fedora 12 (upgraded via yum (twice,
now)).  Anyone know what could cause this?

Dave D.