[mythtv-users] Question about switching from cable to satellite

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Fri Oct 29 11:38:07 UTC 2010

Op 29-10-2010 5:08, Adam Jimerson schreef:
> Does the type of TV tuner being used matter when switching from cable to
> satellite?  I currently I have WinTv 950Q and would like to know if
> switching like that would make it useless or not.  If I need a new tuner
> can people here give recommendations on some that are MythTv and Linux
> friendly?
As the WinTV 950Q only seems to do ATSC and analog cable, switching to
satellite would mean a new device.
Check this page for the different devices which can be used:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Device_Information
Supported devices can then be used via the API mythtv supports.

DVB-S and DVB-S2 would apply to the US(?) as well afaik.

Jos