[mythtv-users] Strange scheduling behavior: duplicate events in "Upcoming Recordings" in MythWeb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 29 03:13:50 UTC 2010

  On 10/28/2010 09:47 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> On 10/28/2010 05:38 PM, David Engel wrote:
>>> Yes:
>>> First press of 'i' gets me:
>>>    Title - episode title
>>>    Description
>>>    Actors
>>>    Guest Star
>>>    Category
>>>
>>> Second press of 'i' gets me:
>>>    Title - episode title
>>>    Episode Number
>>>    Original Air Date
>>>    MythTV Status
>>>
>>> I'm using the childish theme, it is the only tolerable theme that is
>>> actually working for me.
>> Sign!  Hopefully one of the theme meisters will fix that.  Until then,
>> please switch to MythCenter[-wide] temporarily.  I know they show the
>> programid on the details screen.
> Ok, The first "The Event" is SH012665810000
> The second is                SH012665810000
> Exactly the same.

So, it is what David suggested--generic episodes.  See
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Duplicate_matching .

> I used to use this theme, but for a while the scroll windows were screwed up. It seems they might have gotten fixed. I'll try
> using it again for a while.

Or try Arclight (it also has program ID in details)...  Just my
preference, but unrelated to your issue.  :)

>>> My source for guide data is Schedules Direct.
>>> I don't see any "duplicate checking settings" under "Recording Rules".
>> Since you're using SD, I'm 99% sure the programids are for generic
>> episodes.  The dupcheck setting is the 5th item on the Schedule
>> Options screen.  It will read "Match duplicates using ..." or "Don't
>> match duplicates".
> I hate these menus, I can never find anything. Where is the "Schedule Options" screen?

The actual screen for setting up your recording rules.

>   I looked under Manage Recordings,
> setting->general, Settings->TV settings->  general, and nothing else looked relevant.

For existing rules:

Manage Recordings|Recording Rules|<Rule Name>

Then, under Schedule Options, the duplicate matching method and scope
are relevant.

Mike