[mythtv-users] Strange scheduling behavior: duplicate events in "Upcoming Recordings" in MythWeb

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Fri Oct 29 01:47:51 UTC 2010

On 10/28/2010 05:38 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 04:56:56PM -0700, Douglas Peale wrote:
>> On 10/28/2010 02:26 PM, David Engel wrote:
>>> Are you sure you pressed INFO *twice*?  Pressing INFO once brings up
>>> the details screen.  Pressing INFO additional times toggles between
>>> more and fewer details.
>>
>> Yes:
>> First press of 'i' gets me:
>>   Title - episode title
>>   Description
>>   Actors
>>   Guest Star
>>   Category
>>
>> Second press of 'i' gets me:
>>   Title - episode title
>>   Episode Number
>>   Original Air Date
>>   MythTV Status
>>
>> I'm using the childish theme, it is the only tolerable theme that is
>> actually working for me.
>
> Sign!  Hopefully one of the theme meisters will fix that.  Until then,
> please switch to MythCenter[-wide] temporarily.  I know they show the
> programid on the details screen.

Ok, The first "The Event" is SH012665810000
The second is                SH012665810000
Exactly the same.

I used to use this theme, but for a while the scroll windows were screwed up. It seems they might have gotten fixed. I'll try
using it again for a while.

>>> If you still don't see programids, are you using EIT or some other
>>> source for guide data?  Either way, you might want to double check the
>>> duplicate checking settins on your recording rules.
>>
>> My source for guide data is Schedules Direct.
>> I don't see any "duplicate checking settings" under "Recording Rules".
>
> Since you're using SD, I'm 99% sure the programids are for generic
> episodes.  The dupcheck setting is the 5th item on the Schedule
> Options screen.  It will read "Match duplicates using ..." or "Don't
> match duplicates".

I hate these menus, I can never find anything. Where is the "Schedule Options" screen? I looked under Manage Recordings,
setting->general, Settings->TV settings-> general, and nothing else looked relevant.