[mythtv-users] Strange scheduling behavior: duplicate events in "Upcoming Recordings" in MythWeb

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Oct 29 00:38:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 04:56:56PM -0700, Douglas Peale wrote:
> On 10/28/2010 02:26 PM, David Engel wrote:
> > Are you sure you pressed INFO *twice*?  Pressing INFO once brings up
> > the details screen.  Pressing INFO additional times toggles between
> > more and fewer details.
>
> Yes:
> First press of 'i' gets me:
>   Title - episode title
>   Description
>   Actors
>   Guest Star
>   Category
>
> Second press of 'i' gets me:
>   Title - episode title
>   Episode Number
>   Original Air Date
>   MythTV Status
>
> I'm using the childish theme, it is the only tolerable theme that is
> actually working for me.

Sign!  Hopefully one of the theme meisters will fix that.  Until then,
please switch to MythCenter[-wide] temporarily.  I know they show the
programid on the details screen.

> > If you still don't see programids, are you using EIT or some other
> > source for guide data?  Either way, you might want to double check the
> > duplicate checking settins on your recording rules.
>
> My source for guide data is Schedules Direct.
> I don't see any "duplicate checking settings" under "Recording Rules".

Since you're using SD, I'm 99% sure the programids are for generic
episodes.  The dupcheck setting is the 5th item on the Schedule
Options screen.  It will read "Match duplicates using ..." or "Don't
match duplicates".

David
--
David Engel