[mythtv-users] Strange scheduling behavior: duplicate events in "Upcoming Recordings" in MythWeb

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 23:56:56 UTC 2010

On 10/28/2010 02:26 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 02:05:45PM -0700, Douglas Peale wrote:

>>> Press INFO twice to see lots of information about a program.
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> For the "House" episode, there is an "episode number" For "The Event" there is not. Neither has a program ID.
>>
>> So the only difference in what is provided is there is no episode title, and no episode number for "The Event", otherwise they
>> both have the same data fields filled.
>>
>> Odd, "The Event" has an "original air date" of Sept 20, I've been recording this show since it started, I should not be getting
>> reruns.
>
> Are you sure you pressed INFO *twice*?  Pressing INFO once brings up
> the details screen.  Pressing INFO additional times toggles between
> more and fewer details.

Yes:
First press of 'i' gets me:
  Title - episode title
  Description
  Actors
  Guest Star
  Category

Second press of 'i' gets me:
  Title - episode title
  Episode Number
  Original Air Date
  MythTV Status

I'm using the childish theme, it is the only tolerable theme that is actually working for me.

> If you still don't see programids, are you using EIT or some other
> source for guide data?  Either way, you might want to double check the
> duplicate checking settins on your recording rules.

My source for guide data is Schedules Direct.
I don't see any "duplicate checking settings" under "Recording Rules".