[mythtv-users] Slight stutter on playback, 0.23 on ION 330HT

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Tue Oct 26 18:33:49 UTC 2010

Keith Edmunds wrote:
> I'm using 10.10. Not tried 0.24 yet, but not convinced it would help (see
> above).
>
> OK, so there is a list of GPUs that support VDPAU, but what might be
> helpful is a some discussion of the minimum specification GPU that will
> run VDPAU and MythTV without problems. Anyone want to kick that off?
>
> Keith

Hi Keith,

I've got an Acer Revo 3610, which seems to have similar specs to your
ION 330HT, 2 GB memory, same processor. With VDPAU Normal, I'm able to
play 1080i and 720p content with closed captions just fine, no stutter,
except when the OSD is displayed. I wonder if output resolution affects
the results. I'm using 1280x720 because my HDTV is a few years old. It
doesn't support 1080p and 1920x1080 interlaced wasn't as legible as
1280x720 progressive. Perhaps if you're using 1920x1080, you might get
better results if you switch to 1280x720? I'm guessing a lower
resolution means it needs less memory and is better able to use the RAM
available to the ION.

HTH,
Helen