[mythtv-users] DVB-T bug when recording multiple programs on the same multiplex?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Oct 26 14:19:08 UTC 2010

On 26/10/10 12:47, William Uther wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have a weird issue that I wanted to ask about before possibly filing a bug report.  I have two DVB-T tuners.  Each is set up to record up to two programs if they're on the same multiplex.  This gives me four virtual tuners, 1 and 2 are on adaptor0 and 3 and 4 are on adaptor1.
>
> My standard evening lineup is:
>
>    7:00-7:30pm ABC News (that's Australian ABC, not US ABC :) on ABC1
>    7:15-7:35pm Daily Show on ABC2
>    7:30-8:00pm The 7:30 Report on ABC1
>    7:35-8:00pm Colbert Report on ABC2
>
> ABC1 and ABC2 are on the same multiplex.  This is normally scheduled with the ABC1 shows being recorded by tuner 1 and the ABC2 shows by tuner 2.  i.e. all four shows are actually being recorded on the same DVB-T tuner.
>
> When this lineup is scheduled, what ends up being recorded is:
>
>    7:00-7:15pm ABC News on ABC1
>    7:15-7:30pm Daily Show on ABC2
>    7:30-7:35pm The 7:30 Report on ABC1
>    7:35-8:00pm Colbert Report on ABC2
>
> i.e. if there is a recording already happening through one virtual tuner when the second virtual tuner for the same card wants to start recording a new show on that same multiplex, then the recording on the first tuner is stopped prematurely.
>
> Does anyone else see this behaviour?
>
> What can I do to help debug?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Will       :-}

You don't say what release you're running or how you set up the
schedule.  Might be useful.

What do you see in 'Upcoming Recordings'?  That shows the cardid, and
you can try changing preferences using 'Schedule Options', accessible by
'e' from the keyboard.

Do you know which cardid (virtual tuner) is assigned to each adapter?  I
think you can use udev to control this definitively, but you can also
control it by the order in which you set up the cards and their options
in mythtvsetup.

HTH

John P