[mythtv-users] Slight stutter on playback, 0.23 on ION 330HT

Allan Klinbail sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 26 07:24:44 UTC 2010

> OK, so there is a list of GPUs that support VDPAU, but what might be
> helpful is a some discussion of the minimum specification GPU that will
> run VDPAU and MythTV without problems. Anyone want to kick that off?
>
> Keith

I have found that the NVIDIA 8600 GS is fine for advanced 2* without any
issues.. Just bought one for 30 bucks AUD from ebay...
Had an 8400 GS (older g86) and it was fine but had tearing on anything
higher than BOB 2* ... but honestly I can't see much difference between
BOB 2* and Advanced 2 * (it was running a 22" monitor mounted in the
bedroom)..

Going for something new I would recommend the NVIDIA 220.. sparkle and
zotac do fanless ones..