[mythtv-users] CPU performance governor vs disabling AMD Cool n Quiet

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Tue Oct 26 05:29:20 UTC 2010

I used the solution of simply not allowing my processor (Athlon X2
5050e) to go under 1800MHz. However, 0.23 added the ability to set up
scripts to run for certain events, including things like starting and
stopping playback. I'm planning at some point testing to see if I can
allow the processor to go to it's slowest speed (1000MHz) normally,
and write scripts to set the minimum to 1800MHz at playback start and
back to 1000MHz when playback ends.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,