[mythtv-users] Recording on wrong tuner.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 26 01:16:46 UTC 2010

  <fixed top posting>

On 10/25/2010 04:57 PM, Bryan Cromwell wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Bryan Cromwell wrote:
>> I had to delete and readd my schedules direct lineups due to channel
>> migrations over to digital.  I now have two lineup's, "comcastanalog" (Using
>> VCR and PVR-500's as tuners) and "comcastdigital" (Using STB over
>> firewire).  Now for what ever reason recording are attempting to record
>> channels>  79 using the analog source (Channel 222 in this case), even
>> though the analog source from SD is correct.  How can I tell myth to never
>> record anything on comcastdigital line up on the analog tuners? I thought
>> this happened automatically but it's not working correctly?
> Finally figured out what is going on, now I just need help to fix.   I go
> and use channel editor to delete every channel>79 on source comcastanalog
> everything works fine until mythfilldatabase runs and adds every channel>79
> back to the analog source. So next I tried adding --update to my
> mythfilldatabase but it still adds them back.  Two questions, Why if
> Schedules direct only shows 79 channels on analog lineup does it add 600
> channels to analog source, second how can I get mythfilldatabase to quit
> adding the channels back?

You need 2 lineups and 2 MythTV video sources.  You need to ensure that
both the analog and the digital lineup have only the channels you get on
those sources.

I recommend you clean up what you have, now, with Delete all video
sources (as at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 ) and
be certain that your video sources are using the proper Schedules Direct
lineup (there may be a display issue where it "resets" the lineup when
you're in the editor, so it may be switching the video source that's
supposed to use the analog lineup to use the digital lineup, and you
don't want to save it in the "reset" state, so always check the lineup
before leaving the video sources setup page).

Mike