[mythtv-users] Live TV problem

Yuri Shirman yshirman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 18:28:52 UTC 2010

The capture device is FIrewire, I am using Motorola DCH-3416 STB from Cox,
It is connected to my oldish Dell laptop through PCMCIA firewire card, here is
lspci output:
04:00.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6306 Fire II IEEE 1394
OHCI Link Layer Controller (rev 46)

Another possibly related piece of information: I tried to use external channel
changing probgram (6200ch). The vendor/device ids for my STB are not listed in
6200ch source code, but once I added them by hand, I could switch channels.
Yet the problem with live TV persisted.

I also have an external hard drive connected through the same firewire card
but removing it does not make a difference.

Again, everything works smoothly with mythdora 12.23 but not with newer
distributions.

Thanks,
Yuri