[mythtv-users] DisplaySize = Full ?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 05:50:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:45 AM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> Your ideas are very "mixed"  - tell us what you want.  You do not give
>> specifics (probably by design) as to your plans..  Sounds like you
>> want 2 displays on the same FE..
>
> Dunno why you would think that, been as descriptive as I can be about it. Nothing all that mysterious about what I'd like to do.
> The card has three outputs, the two I want to use are VGA and HDMI.
> What's mixed about that?
>
>> Or not - if the question is cryptic again...  I remember someone
>> asking for an ascii art of your setup - we have yet to see it..
>> Especially for someone who poses so many questions (and crossposts
>> (maybe imaginably) also) to the list..
>
> What is there to draw up? Seems darn simple to me. One card, two outputs, asking about switching between resolutions on each output. Where's the confusion other than my probably not using the 'correct' terminology?

2 cards, that's the missing part of the question!

With two cards you can have two resolutions for sure. You will have
two frontends runnig of course. One card with two outputs is more
tricky and depends on the card.

On the HD setup you can have it switch resolution based on the source
material, so something encoded as 720p will cause myth to switch it's
video oupt put to 720p, etc.