[mythtv-users] 0.24RC1 and watch recording thumbnails

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 23 21:07:23 UTC 2010

  On 10/23/2010 04:48 PM, John H wrote:
> Thanks for the help. It's happening with all my shows recorded in
> 0.24. The ones from 0.23 don't have the issue. Did I do something
> wrong on the upgrade to where it's breaking tables on mew recording?

There was a bug in trunk that resulted in seek tables built during
recording for PVR-x50 recordings to be invalid:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7978

though, upon looking, it seems that one was fixed before 0.24-rc1.

There are 2 other reported bugs which may also affect seek tables:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9109
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9126

Without a valid seek table, the preview generator doesn't get the
requested frame, so you end up with a garbage frame (likely the first
frame in the recording or something).

You can try rebuilding your seek tables (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable ) for the affected
recordings, and then delete the affected previews to cause MythTV to
regenerate them, but I'm guessing it won't help (i.e. the rebuild won't
actually fix anything and you'll end up with equally broken seek tables
after the rebuild).

Mike