[mythtv-users] Can't Compile Frontend due to SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 20:40:41 UTC 2010

I'm updating all my systems that run myth, no problems with the first two.
 The last one for some reason is choking on mythtv compile, complaining
about python stuff.  I don't know what to do to make it work.  This is what
I'm getting:

$ make
sh version.sh /usr/src/mythtv
make -C external/FFmpeg
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mythtv/external/FFmpeg'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mythtv/external/FFmpeg'
make -C bindings/perl
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mythtv/bindings/perl'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mythtv/bindings/perl'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mythtv/bindings/perl'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mythtv/bindings/perl'
make -C bindings/python
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mythtv/bindings/python'
python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
running build_scripts
python setprefix.py "/usr/local"
setprefix.py:18: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python
2.6
  File "setprefix.py", line 18
    with open(path) as fi:
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
make[1]: *** [python_build] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mythtv/bindings/python'
make: *** [bindings/python] Error 2
$

At first I thought my checkout was bad so I checked out a clean version from
the trunk but no love.

-Greg