[mythtv-users] Harmony 700?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 22:32:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> So do all the Harmony remotes do that annoying thing where they have
> "actions" like "Watch TV" or "Watch a DVD" that it forces you to use
> or do some treat you like an adult and let you do things manually?

i think they all have some degree of that.  but those buttons can be
programmed any way you like.  i use the 'watch tv' button to turn on
the tv, receiver and set the receiver to Myth.  i use the 'watch dvd'
button to turn on the tv, receiver, set the receiver to dvd, and turn
on the dvd player.  i think i use the 'listen to radio' button to turn
on the tv, receiver, blu-ray and set receiver to blu-ray...
i like the generic A, B, C, D or red, yellow, blue buttons on my old
hauppage remote, but it works.

--
Andrew Close